- Additional information
- Reviews (3)
- Questions & Answers (14)
TAKU MANUKA HONEY UMF 5+
TAKU MANUKA HONEY UMF 10+
TAKU MANUKA HONEY UMF 15+
Taku Honey Draws Inspiration From
THE HISTORIC SHOWCASE OF MAORI CULTURE VALUE
Taku Honey translates to my honey in te reo Māori. The heart of the Taku brand is a partnership. It began to beat when longtime neighbours, the Westervelt Company and Owhaoko B & D Trust Lands formed a connection. A connection firmly anchored in our shared beliefs and commitment to protect the environment.
Together we walk in the footsteps of warriors, our ancestors who protected the land for hundreds of years, to produce our unique Taku Honey products for the enjoyment of customers worldwide.
Taku Honey applies a QR code to each jar of its honey. Scan the QR code for information including:
Available sizes: 250g, 500g or 1kg
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider
5+, 10+, 15+
250 g, 500 g, 1 Kg
Questions and answers of the customers
- A Yes, for 4 year old, UMF 15+ is alright. Do take note that some honey shops like to recommend higher UMF for adults, and lower UMF for kid. We prefer to follow New Zealand’s health recommendation, the same UMF for adults and kids, just that a small teaspoon of Manuka honey for the kid, as the kid is smaller in size.UMF 10+ and above is recommend for daily consumption, twice or thrice a day.UMF 15+ is recommended for those with digestive problems, or poor immune system.
- A For the mixture with apple cider vinegar, yes there are many articles that do highlight this refreshing healthy drink for daily consumption.I personally use apple cider vinegar with other honey for the tasty drink, and eat Manuka honey on its own. The reason is because Manuka honey does not taste as great as other honey as Manuka Honey is meant to improve health while other normal honey has that sweet taste to go together with Apple cider vinegar for great taste.
- A For health benefit on its own, you can eat Manuka honey directly from a tablespoon twice or thrice a day, without mixing with water. After eating it, you can wash it down with water.
- A Nope, Kanuka honey is not raw. Neither has it been treated at high temperature. Although kanuka honey is not as well-known internationally as its big cousin Manuka, it actually contains more of the Manuka factor that enhances the antimicrobial (or antiseptic) properties of the honey.Both these honeys are thought to be so potent at healing infections that many hospitals around the world are now turning to them.
- A It is advisable NOT to store in refrigerator. Store it in a normal cabinet, away from direct sunlight.