- Additional information
- Reviews (3)
- Questions & Answers (14)
Kare Manuka Honey UMF 5+ 500g
Kare Manuka Honey UMF 10+ 500g
Kare Manuka Honey UMF 15+ 500g
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider
5+, 10+, 15+
Questions and answers of the customers
- A Yes, for 4 year old, UMF 15+ is alright. Do take note that some honey shops like to recommend higher UMF for adults, and lower UMF for kid. We prefer to follow New Zealand’s health recommendation, the same UMF for adults and kids, just that a small teaspoon of Manuka honey for the kid, as the kid is smaller in size.UMF 10+ and above is recommend for daily consumption, twice or thrice a day.UMF 15+ is recommended for those with digestive problems, or poor immune system.
- A For the mixture with apple cider vinegar, yes there are many articles that do highlight this refreshing healthy drink for daily consumption.I personally use apple cider vinegar with other honey for the tasty drink, and eat Manuka honey on its own. The reason is because Manuka honey does not taste as great as other honey as Manuka Honey is meant to improve health while other normal honey has that sweet taste to go together with Apple cider vinegar for great taste.
- A For health benefit on its own, you can eat Manuka honey directly from a tablespoon twice or thrice a day, without mixing with water. After eating it, you can wash it down with water.
- A Nope, Kanuka honey is not raw. Neither has it been treated at high temperature. Although kanuka honey is not as well-known internationally as its big cousin Manuka, it actually contains more of the Manuka factor that enhances the antimicrobial (or antiseptic) properties of the honey.Both these honeys are thought to be so potent at healing infections that many hospitals around the world are now turning to them.
- A It is advisable NOT to store in refrigerator. Store it in a normal cabinet, away from direct sunlight.
- Q For normal consumption is umf10 sufficient? How do we decide whether to buy umf5 10 or 15 other than higher is better?A As a general guide, UMF 10+ is ideal for most of us, for daily consumption. They are the best value-for-money choices.Take UMF15+ only if you have digestive problems or weak immune system. Some of my regulars though, only eat UMF 15+ and above, as they swear by the improvement.
- Q How long storage can the Manuka honey be bought and stored over a period of time even before/ after expiry before it loses its UMF efficacy over time?Does the plastic bottle (is it a plastic or glass bottle?) affect in reducing the anti-bacterial activity over time?A Honey has a very long shelf life and will last practically forever if stored in the right condition. For efficiency of the UMF, we like to share that the honey should be kept in a cool, dry place to protect the potency. It should not be refrigerated. For more info, you can check out https://www.beeplusmanukahoney.com/does-honey-go-badThe bottle is plastic. The current research from the honey industry has shown that both glass and plastic does not affect the UMF level nor the potency of the honey.
- Q My kids love the grainy thick consistency. Which of the Manuka umf10+ brand that you carry is thick and grainy?A Taku honey is more liquid than the rest. The higher UMF you get, the thicker it is. Comparing same UMF to same UMF, Comvita’s texture is thicker, but the price for one bottle is relatively high due to its well-known brand. You can try Kare as its texture is considered thick and not as pricey as Comvita.
- A Most types of honey do aid in sleeping, you do not need to specifically aim for any specific UMF. If you are eating for good health, go for UMF 10, as that is the minimum amount of UMF for daily health boost maintenance. If you are just taking for sleeping aid, you can take the lower priced option of UMF 5.
- Q Hi I understand UMF honey cannot be taken with metal spoon. I have bought Manuka UMF15 from you but I do not have wooden spoon. Can I use plastic spoon instead? Also 1 teaspoon to be taken daily before meal?A It is true that metal spoon will be a small catalyst reaction that is not ideal for honey, but the significance of metal touching the honey is very tiny, such that if you use metal spoon to scoop out the honey to eat, there is absolutely not much change in the honey. You can rest assured even if you use metal spoon. The only reason for not using metal spoon is if you leave you spoon in the honey overnight, it may cause the reaction.
- A As long as the toddler is above one year old, Manuka honey is safe and healthy. One small teaspoon is enough for a small toddler. For us adults, we can take one tablespoon.
- A These Manuka honey are pasteurized. Only those RAW honey are unpasteurized.
- A There are no supporting evidence that states unsafe consumption of Manuka Honey during pregnancy or lactating. Our suggestion is to check with your gynaecologist before taking it.UMF 10+ is generally suitable for most people for general maintenance. UMF 15+ and 20+ will be recommended if one has a specific problem to tackle such as stomach ulcer, acid reflux and maybe digestion problem.
- Q I received my honey already. Thanks. But I want to check why is the texture of the honey is not smooth as shown in the picture. It’s like grainy and I have never bought this kind before so I don’t know if it is because it has turned bad. Please advise.A Yes, the grainy texture is perfectly normal. As real authentic Manuka honey is a monoflora honey agricultural product, each batch of honey has slightly different tastes, textures and appearance.For example, Manuka honey harvest during summer season has a different texture and tastes compared to winter season. This applies to most honey, and not just Manuka honey.For example, Sidr honey commend a higher price during winter season as the taste and texture is more popular. Different brands of Manuka honey also have different textures.Kare has a bitter tastes and closer to ice-cream texture, while Taku and Vitabeez is more liquid and non-bitter. Another note is that most Manuka honey farm do not harvest and sent out the honey immediately to the distributors. Some of them do keep bottles of honey for months or even years to moderate the volume. As such, it is possible to get different types of batches within 1 shipment.